Operations Internship - College Recruiting USA
Operations Internship (College Recruiting – North America)
DHL Supply Chain North America offers students the opportunity to further develop their supply chain knowledge and leadership skills in a goal-driven, fast-paced environment.
We are currently recruiting for Operations Interns across the U.S. & Canada. This specific job posting requires that you are a current student enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program, who is graduating in either December 2018 or May 2019 and available to work for 10-12 weeks (full time) during the summer months.
DHL Supply Chain is the Americas leader in contract logistics, providing customer-focused solutions to a wide range of industries including automotive, consumer, retail, engineering and manufacturing, life sciences and healthcare, technology, energy and chemicals. DHL Supply Chain’s skilled people make its customers more competitive by creating innovative logistics and supply chain solutions – from initial situation analysis to the continuous improvement programs that help deliver better results every day. DHL Supply Chain has over 25,000 employees in over 400 locations spread throughout the USA and Canada with revenues just under $5 billion in North America. DHL Supply Chain is part of the $20 billion global Supply Chain Division of Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL).
Operations Interns act as project managers within our distribution centers, while also participating in a formalized Summer Internship Program. The goal of the program is to enhance student’s business acumen through continuous learning and networking opportunities. Throughout the summer, interns have the opportunity to:
· Participate in a series of webinars that focus on professional networking, communication and presentation skills
· Listen and ask questions to our executives through our Executive Speaker Series
· Collaborate with other interns across the U.S. and Canada on a Capstone Project that focuses on improving various aspects of our business for our customers
· Travel to Westerville, OH to present their Capstone Project to leadership teams at the Intern Capstone Event, which is hosted at the end of each summer at our headquarters
· Network with other interns and business leaders across all regions and business segments within the organization
· Be considered for full time roles
The primary purpose of an Operations Intern is to assist in quality continuous improvement efforts at one of our facilities. DHL Supply Chain has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development and training.
The scope of the project may include:
• Identify, analyze, and implement new processes
• Review inventory accuracy
• Write and implement new labor standards
• Enhance and implement new training procedures
• Assist management with ongoing project work
• Participate in continuous improvement projects
The project benefits will include:
• Reducing errors and waste in the operation
• Improve performance against contracted Key Performance Indicators (Order Accuracy, Picking Accuracy, On-time shipping, Cycle Count Program)